Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's a...

When I was pregnant with Caleb they had a hard time seeing much of anything without amniotic fluid, so we were never sure of the gender, although eventually they did "guess" that it was a boy. All along I had thought it was a boy, anyway. I loved having older brothers (maybe not when I was little, but as I've gotten older I've appreciated it more), and I thought our kids should have an older brother, so I thought it was a boy.

When I was pregnant with Kylie, neither Steve or I were ready to have another boy. We wanted a girl, and we were pretty sure we would get one--and we did!

This third pregnancy has been hard because I haven't felt either way about gender. A few months ago when we told Kylie about the baby, we asked her if she wanted a baby brother or a baby sister. Her immediate response was "baby brother". Later she switched to baby sister and since then it's gone back and forth depending on the day. I mention this because it was Kylie's first response that made me stop and think. Was I ready to have a baby boy? Later I watched Kylie play with one of the neighbor boys and realized that I would be okay with it. A brother would be fun for Kylie, and I thought I was ready.
Over the last few days Steve has been telling me that he thinks it is a boy.

Today, we had our 20 week ultra sound.






The result: a perfectly healthy baby GIRL!!!

I think the staff at the hospital was all wondering why we were so mellow and not more excited about everything. We were just so relieved to see that she was okay. We'll celebrate later. That time was just to soak up the realization of another healthy baby. We didn't really care what the gender was (although I really couldn't wait to find out!). We're just so happy that she's growing and healthy.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a healthy growing baby girl! I'm so happy for your little family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats,that is great news! We are so happy that SHE is healthy and all is going well! We are happy for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Allie will have a girl cousin close to her in age! We don't get that with Alan's family with all those boys! I'm happy that your ultrasound went well. I always think of you guys when I go in for an ultrasound now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls are so fun! I'm glad she's healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's so exciting! I'm glad she's healthy and all is going well.

    I still think of Caleb (and you guys, of course) often. I'm sure he's watching out for these little sisters of his.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YAY!!! Congratulations! I've been so excited to find out what you're having. Every girl needs a sister, I think. I'm so glad she is healthy and everything looks so good. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee!! I'm so glad Kylie will have a sister! What fun! Please let me take pics of your new one next year- please please! I love you guys. Yea for another sweet Hart baby!!

    ReplyDelete