Thursday, September 8, 2011

20 week ultrasound: Excitement or Dread?

Next week is our big 20 week ultrasound. Am I excited? Of course. I get to SEE the little squirmball that I feel moving and growing inside of me. I get to find out the gender of my baby (as long as said squirmball cooperates). Despite the growing excitement, I have other feelings that aren't as easy to summarize into one word. No, I wouldn't call it dread, maybe just anxiety. Our 20 week ultra sound was the first time that we found out something was wrong during our first pregnancy. We went in with pure excitement and came out empty-hearted and full of questions. Do I think that will happen this time? No, I don't. In fact, we had a first trimester screen that vanquished that fear (or at least should have). Pregnancy is just hard. There are so many emotions and hormones--so many ups and downs. This is just our next hurdle to cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment