Sunday, April 13, 2014

The name

I've been neglecting this blog for awhile, and I guess that when I'm pregnant is when I think about it the most.  We are currently expecting our fourth baby, one day away from the due date.  This will be three healthy girls in a row, after Caleb.  It does make me wonder if it was a gender thing, and if we'll ever have a healthy baby boy.  Maybe time will tell, maybe not.
I really want to see this baby before I name her.  With the other kids, we basically had a name chosen beforehand.  I guess we have one in mind this time, as well, but I need to see her before I give an official okay.  When I was pregnant with Caleb, it was too hard to see the gender.  After a few months of multiple ultra sounds, one of the technicians gave a good solid guess of "a boy", but we never knew for sure.  So we picked out a  girl's name and a boy's name.  Steve has brought up the girl's name that we had chosen out for each of our babies since then.  I think I might finally say yes this time (although he doesn't know that yet).
Maybe it's simply because enough time has gone by that I'm okay using the name, but I'd like to think that it's more than that, that this baby may look more like Caleb or have a stronger connection to him or something.  Guess we'll find out, but first I have to meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment